The stone temples stood in an inward-facing circle, each decorated in a manner appropriate to its Fortune. The back chambers houses the artifacts the Phoenix have decided to hide from the Empire. It also evolved into a repository of failed experiments conducted by the Elemental Masters or other powerful figures within the Phoenix.  The gardens surrounded the entire temple grounds, offering serenity to those that preferred the open air. 
A low wall surrounded the grounds of the Seven Temples which had a single entrance on its south side. No towers, defensible walls or other fortifications guarded the area. The monks than tended it were adept at combat, and Shiba Bushi patrols were always ready in case of alarm. 
Those who came to worship inside the temples underwent a ritual of purification before being allowed inside. The Phoenix monks "cleansed" the visitor's soul by casting several spells. 
The seven statues of the Seven Fortunes were crafted by Isawa and his followers, were carved from the local natural rock using magic. All seven faced east towards the rising sun, until the Fall of the Kami, when the statue of Bishamon turned to face to the southwest, coincident with the corruption of Fu Leng. 
This is the list of the Seven Temples and the nemuranai they kept for centuries: 
- The Temple of Ebisu was the northernmost, tended by former ashigaru. It kept the Yajinden's Scrolls.
- The Temple of Hotei was the humblest, and had many visitors. It kept Gusai's Corpse.
- The Temple of Daikoku was the most splendid. It kept Iuchi Karasu's Sai and Mask.
- The Temple of Benten was the westernmost, and caught the last rays of sunlight every dusk. It was said that an honorable individual could see the silhouette of their future spouse in the shadow cast by the last moments of light before the Sun disappeared. It kept Shiba's Shadow.
- The Temple of Fukurokujin was the original template for all others temple in the Empire. It kept a Yobanjin Flying Carpet.
- The Temple of Jurojin contained the greatest number of monks and also served as a hospital for the city. It kept the Morihono's Cipher Scrolls.
- The Temple of Bishamon was the most popular as its statue changed its features during important events. It kept two Black Scrolls, the Doom of Fu Leng and the Walking Horror of Fu Leng.
|This Phoenix Clan related article is a stub. That means that it has been started, but is incomplete. You can help by adding to the information here.|