Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RPG Information Edit
Kitsune Taboo (Disadvantage)
Known Taboos Edit
This is a list of known taboos: 
- Not harm commoners and must give them aid at any opportunity, nor may allow woodlands to be harmed without just cause.
- Never tell the complete truth.
- Never eat rice or consume anything made from rice, such as sake.
- Never be alone, he must always be in the company of at least two individuals, even when sleeping.
- Never, ever, break a promise, even one made in haste.
- Never allow shugenja to use magic on the Kitsune. 
- Always answer questions with questions. 
- Must marry a worthy human. 
- Never drink alcohol. 
- Never cross running water. 
- Never eat meat or fish of any kind. 
- Always dress in the colors of its natural form. 
- Its shadow always reveals its true form. 
- Never bathe. 
- Never lie,  and if aware that someone else is lying he must reveal the truth to others present at the time. 
- Never wear clothes other than the bare minimum to cover its modesty. 
- Never be the target of any elemental spell. 
- Never kill another living being  except in self-defense. 
- Never enter a shrine or temple,  and never shapeshift when within a temple or shrine. 
- Never allow a human to touch it. 
- Never tell anyone its true nature or its true name. 
- Never speak  or write to communicate. 
- Never touch an item created by humans. 
- Never enter a building where someone lives unless invited to do so. 
- Must repay a human's kindness with a greater kindness within 1 day. Must repay insults in the same fashion as well. 
- Always pick up what drops in his presence and return it. 
- Never own more than he may carry, and to give any possession in excess of this limit to the first person met. 
- Eat living flesh (insects, mice...) once per day. 
- Always own and keep one item. 
- Never take human form. 
- Marry a worthy human within 1 year, and treat him with respect and loyalty. If the human spouse proved unworthy, return to home Realm forever. 
Characters Known to Have this Disadvantage Edit
- Kitsune Meisuko (Cannot tell the complete truth)
- Kitsune Mizuru (May not drink alcohol and may not tell anyone of his true nature or allow it to be spoken of in his presence)
- Ryosei (Must follow Word of Honor)
- Soshi Kiyo (Cannot allow shugenja to use magic on her, must answer questions with questions, must marry a worthy human)
- ↑ Way of the Minor Clans, p. 35
- ↑ Way of the Shugenja, p. 82
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Secrets of the Scorpion, p. 56
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 Enemies of the Empire, p. 245
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 Creatures of Rokugan: Third Edition, p. 14