Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|6th century - 7th century - 8th century|
The seventh century of Rokugan's history.
Notable events Edit
The following are the most notable events of the seventh century:
- 603 - The Phoenix Clan opposes Hantei XVI's policies sending covert humanitarian aid to those who suffer his madness.
- 604 - Samurai opposing Hantei XVI's reign of terror form a rebel army in the lightly-settled western Lion lands.
- 605 - Hida Tsuneo led the Imperial forces that suppres the rebellion.
- 607 - In autumn, the Empire suffers a drought and bad harvest. Peasants and monks blame on the Emperor's impious actions.
- 608 - Hantei XVI begins to kill his siblings and closest advisors.
- The Empire suffers a second bad harvest in a row.
- The Golden Legion is disbanded.
- 609 - The harvest fails for the third year in a row. Peasant revolts are crushed by Hida Tsuneo's forces.
- Steel Magistrates expose in the Chokai province the Phoenix aid to the worst famine-stricken provinces, which is considered a treason to the Emperor.
- The entirety of the Steel Magistrates and its leader are hanged accused of treason.
- The dowager Empress Otomo Kaoichihime and the only surviving Emperor's brother actively begin to conspire.
- 616 - Hantei XVII becomes Emperor.
- 618 - The Kyuden Suzume Dojo is built.
- 622 - Seppun Hanako pens the Articles of Heaven.
- 643 - Akodo Mayuko forged a blade that cut through eight criminals in a single stroke, setting the record.
- 644 - Iroshu founds Dojo Raiden.
- 655 - The Ashalan reveal themselves at Medinaat al-Salaam.
- 664 - The Chipped Tooth Tribe join the pirate Yasuki Fumoki.
- 670 - Zakyo Toshi is founded.
- 675 - Mirumoto Mohiro moves to the lands of the secluded Badger Clan.
- 687 - Trade throught the River of Gold becomes prominent.
- 689 - Otomo Madoko writes Subtlety of Court.
Magic and Religion Edit
- 607 - As a way to humiliate his deceased foes Hantei XVI names Kirako the Fortune of Torture and Tojo as the Fortune of Dung.
- 608 - The Fortune of Beetles is named.
- 616 - The Temple of Lost Gods is built.
- 675 - The first Tournament of Thunder is held by the Order of Thunder.
Military history Edit
Births and deaths Edit
- 635 - Yasuki Fumoki
- 640 - Otomo Madoko
- 680 - Doji Taehime
- 684 - Hida Banuken
- 690 - Daidoji Masashigi
- 694 - Tonbo Kuyuden
- 695 - Kuni Osaku
- 618 - Isawa Ijime
- 619 - Moto Chai
- 634 - Kuni Harike
- 634 - Kuni Ryute
- 637 - Seppun Hanako
- 671 - Yasuki Fumoki
- 690 - Otomo Madoko
- 700 - Yamasaki
The following is a timeline of the events of the seventh century.
|601||Birth of Isawa Ijime.|
|602||Kaiu Yukio kills a Yamauba, which was responsible for the deaths of many children including his son.|
|603||The Phoenix Clan opposes Hantei XVI's policies sending covert humanitarian aid to those who suffer his madness.|
|604||Samurai opposing Hantei XVI's reign of terror form a rebel army in the lightly-settled western Lion lands.|
|605||Hida Tsuneo led the Imperial forces that suppres the rebellion.|
|606||White Phoenix Castle is built. Heavenly Voice Temple is built.|
|607||Death of Suzume Kirako. As a way to humiliate his deceased foes Hantei XVI names Kirako the Fortune of Torture and Tojo as the Fortune of Dung. In autumn, the Empire suffers a drought and bad harvest. Peasants and monks blame on the Emperor's impious actions.|
|608||Hantei XVI begins to kill his siblings and closest advisors. The Fortune of Beetles is named. The Empire suffers a second bad harvest in a row. Deaths of Akodo Tsurikan, Miya Karuo, Otomo Michiko and Otomo Tsurichi.|
|609||The harvest fails for the third year in a row. Peasant revolts are crushed by Hida Tsuneo's forces. Steel Magistrates expose in the Chokai province the Phoenix aid to the worst famine-stricken provinces, which is considered a treason to the Emperor. The entirety of the Steel Magistrates and its leader are hanged accused of treason. The dowager Empress Otomo Kaoichihime and the only surviving Emperor's brother actively begin to conspire. Death of Otomo Yurikan and Shosuro Tsia.|
|610||Nikesake is razed. Samurai of Chokai province are nearly annihilated. Deaths of Otomo Kaoichihime, Hantei XVI and Hida Tsuneo. Regency of Otomo Tanaka begins.|
|616||Hantei XVII becomes Emperor. The Temple of Lost Gods is built.|
|618||Iuchiban binds a kansen to Jama Suru. The Kyuden Suzume Dojo is built. Death of Isawa Ijime.|
|619||Death of Moto Chai.|
|621||Doji Morito becomes Crane Clan Champion. (date approximate)|
|622||Seppun Hanako pens the Articles of Heaven.|
|631||Birth of Hantei XX.|
|634||The Kusatte Iru is defeated by Kuni Harike and Kuni Ryute. Deaths of Kuni Harike and Kuni Ryute.|
|635||Birth of Yasuki Fumoki.|
|637||Death of Seppun Hanako.|
|640||Birth of Otomo Madoko.|
|643||Akodo Mayuko forged a blade that cut through eight criminals in a single stroke, setting the record.|
|644||Iroshu founds Dojo Raiden.|
|650||Hantei XIX retires. Hantei XX becomes Emperor of Rokugan.|
|651||War of the Lost Pups.|
|652||Death of Hida Higo. His wife Hida Tsuneko becomes the Crab Clan Champion.|
|654||Kuni Kaneo tells his students the story of the Five Nights of Shame.|
|655||The Ashalan appear at Medinaat al-Salaam|
|656||Lion Clan Champion Akodo Akihisa's son dies from a fever. Akodo Masahisa becomes his heir apparent.|
|657||The Sea Dragons attack Clear Water Village, and the Kuni Reefs are created.|
|658||Yogo Yoshi becomes the Jade Champion.|
|660||Heavy Rain causes crops to fail. Famine in Dragon lands. Tetsuken becomes the Mantis Clan Champion.|
|661||Massive floods in Lion, Scorpion and Crane lands devestate crops. A trade war begins between the Daidoji and Yasuki.|
|662||The Lion and Dragon clash over refugees fleeing south into Lion lands.|
|663||The City of Suffering is taken by rioters. Phoenix Clan Champion Shiba Moriaki commits seppuku in shame and is succeeded by Shiba Naho.|
|664||The Chipped Tooth Tribe join the pirate Yasuki Fumoki.|
|665||Yasuki Daimyo Yasuki Miwako executed for treason. Lion Clan Champion Akodo Masahisa is killed in battle by the leader of the People's Legion, Asahime. He is succeeded by Matsu Ikuko.|
|666||Matsu Ikuko is charged by Emperor Hantei XX to retake the lands taken by the People's Legion.|
|667||The People's Legion suffer greatly after a failed attack on Toshi no Meiyo Gisei.|
|668||Matsu Ikuko fails to defeat the People's Legion and is severely wounded by the ronin Rojin. She commits seppuku and Emerald Champion Akodo Kenburo becomes the Lion Clan Champion.|
|669||The People's Legion is finally destroyed by the Lion Clan Army and Imperial Legions. The rebellion is erased from the Imperial Histories.|
|670||Zakyo Toshi is founded.|
|671||Death of Yasuki Fumoki.|
|675||The first Tournament of Thunder is held by the Order of Thunder. * Mirumoto Mohiro moves to the lands of the secluded Badger Clan.|
|678||Lion Clan Champion Akodo Kenburo steps down in favor of Akodo Masahisa's cousin, returning Akodo's true bloodline to the rulership of the Lion Clan.|
|680||Birth of Doji Taehime.|
|684||Birth of Hida Banuken.|
|687||Trade throught the River of Gold becomes prominent.|
|689||Otomo Madoko writes Subtlety of Court.|
|690||Birth of Daidoji Masashigi. Death of Otomo Madoko.|
|695||Birth of Kuni Osaku.|
|700||Death of Yamasaki.|