|Dates are from the Isawa Calendar|
|Centuries:||4th century - 5th century - 6th century|
|Years:||438 439 440 - 441 - 442 443 444|
- The Emerald Champion Matsu Mochiko refuses the Daidoji claim to sponsor the Thrane Kingdom separately from the Merenae, sponsored by the Mantis Clan.
- Matsu Hitomi defeats Hiruma Tatsuya's forces. The Crab Clan is forced to sue for peace in the Dragon-Crab War.
- The religious practices of the Merenae Alvaro Molinero alarm the Rokugani.
- Mirumoto Turan turns over his former Lion allies and orders Matsu Hitomi to conquer a Lion castle on his behalf.
- Matsu Hitomi refuses to asssault the Lion keep under the command of her lover. She breaks her vows and fled as a ronin.
- Kitsu Uragiri poisons Akodo Godaigo and passes him the cursed Kenshin's Helm.
- Matsu Hitomi is chased by her former clan. Godaigo hunts down and executes her at Toshi no Omoidoso.
- The Kenshin's Helm is returned to the Miya.
- Lion and Dragon sign peace.
- Winter Court is hosted at Kyuden Seppun.
- Plans of Garen Hawthorne to kill the Merenae in the return trip are exposed by Teodoro Cornejo. He and Gusai Mori devise a plan to discredit Garen at court.