|Dates are from the Isawa Calendar|
|Centuries:||4th century - 5th century - 6th century|
|Years:||437 438 439 - 440 - 441 442 443|
- The lost Merenae fleet under the command of Teodoro Cornejo are found by a Thrane fleet led by Garen Hawthorne.
- The Mantis Clan Champion Gusai Mori meets in secret with the Merenae and bargains preferential trade agreements.
- Through Mantis mediation a group of gaijin ambassadors is allowed to enter the Imperial Court by Hantei Yugozohime.
- Kyuden Seppun hosts the winter court. The gaijin are invited.
- Ikoma Genmuro approachs Garen to learn on the gaijin tactics.
- The Crab Clan declares war on the Dragon Clan over trade imbalances. The Dragon Mirumoto Turan calls the Lion Clan as allies in the Dragon-Crab War.
- A Lion legion led by Matsu Masaru and Akodo Godaigo is dispatched to fight. Masaru's sister, Matsu Hitomi, swore he would follow any task set by Turan.