|11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
The twelfth century of Rokugan's history.
Notable events Edit
The following are the most notable events of the twelfth century:
- 1110 - Kirei, wife of the Mantis Clan Champion Yoshitsune, and their two eldest sons are assassinated. Unknown to the rest of Rokugan, Yoshitsune is also killed but replaced with an imposter.
- 1111 - Hantei Hochiahime is kidnapped by Bloodspeakers.
- 1113 - Bayushi Shoju marries Shosuro Kachiko.
- 1120 - Kitsuki Kaagi disappears.
- 1122 - The Opium War in Ryoko Owari Toshi.
- 1124 - The Naga begin to awaken.
- 1130 - Toturi I is kidnapped.
- 1134 - Spirits from Oblivion's Gate begin to populate Rokugan.
- 1135 - Gift of the Naga given to the Unicorn Clan as they re-enter their slumber.
- 1145 - Morito's claim to the former Phoenix Clan lands is validated by Toturi I.
- 1150 - Beiden Pass is destroyed, and Seikitsu Pass is reopened.
- 1159 - Akodo Kaneka declares himself Shogun.
- 1199 - P'an Ku's madness provokes a large riot in the Second City.
Assumptions of titles Edit
- 1102 - Yasuki Taka becomes Yasuki Daimyo.
- 1103 - Hantei XXXVIII becomes Emperor of Rokugan.
- 1106 - Isawa Tsuke becomes Master of Fire.
- 1113 - Shiba Ujimitsu becomes Phoenix Clan Champion.
- 1119 - Isawa Tadaka becomes Master of Earth.
- 1120 - Akodo Toturi becomes Lion Clan Champion.
- 1123 - Hantei XXXIX becomes Emperor of Rokugan.
- 1140 - Asako Toshi becomes Asako Daimyo.
- 1144 - Doji Kurohito becomes Crane Clan Champion.
- 1155 - Matsu Nimuro becomes Lion Clan Champion.
- 1157 - Isawa Nakamuro becomes Master of Air.
- 1158 - Toturi Kaede begins her regency, then disappears.
- 1159 - Hida Kuroda becomes Crab Clan Champion.
- Bayushi Kaukatsu becomes Imperial Chancellor.
- Moto Chagatai becomes Unicorn Clan Khan.
- Hida Kuon becomes Crab Clan Champion.
- Doji Akiko becomes Master of Water.
- Shiba Mirabu becomes Phoenix Clan Champion.
- Yoritomo Kitao becomes Mantis Clan Champion.
- Isawa Ochiai becomes Master of Fire.
- Toturi Tsudao proclaims herself Empress of Rokugan.
- 1160 - Toturi Naseru becomes Emperor of Rokugan.
- 1161 - Yoritomo Kumiko becomes Mantis Clan Champion.
- 1166 - Ikoma Otemi becomes Lion Clan Champion.
- 1167 - Doji Domotai becomes Crane Clan Champion.
- 1169 - Shiba Tsukimi reveals herself as Phoenix Clan Champion.
- 1170 - Akodo Shigetoshi becomes Lion Clan Champion.
- 1131 - Kitsu Okura wins the Jade Championship.
- 1152 - Moto Najmudin wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1156 - A shugenja wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1158 - Yasuki Hachi wins the Emerald Championship.
- 1165 - Doji Domotai wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1166 - Moshi Kiyomori wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1167 - Horiuchi Wakiza wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1168 - Hida Fumetsu wins the Topaz Championship.
- 1169 - Shosuro Jimen wins the Emerald Championship.
Founding of clans and families Edit
- 1109 - The Wasp Clan is founded.
- 1111 - The Yotsu family is founded.
- 1115 - The Horiuchi family is founded.
- 1121 - The Three Man Alliance formed.
- 1123 - The Hare Clan is disbanded by Imperial Edict.
- 1127 - The Centipede Clan conditionally joins the Mantis Clan as the Moshi family.
- 1128 - The Mantis Clan is recognized as a Great Clan.
- 1130 - The Scorpion Clan is banished to the Burning Sands.
- 1131 - The majority of the Agasha family defect to the Phoenix Clan.
- 1132 - The Ujina family is founded.
- 1137 - Yoritomo's Alliance breaks apart.
- 1145 - The Kenshin family is founded.
- 1150 - The Tamori family is founded, and the Dragon Clan abandon the Agasha name entirely.
- 1158 - the Ox Clan is founded.
- The Morito family is founded.
- The Toku family is founded.
- 1171 - The Horiuchi family is put to the torch by the Empire.
- 1173 - The Spider Clan is recognized as a Great Clan.
Magic and Religion Edit
- 1120 - Asako Oyo escapes from the care of the Asako Henshin.
- 1123 - An eta child becomes the Oracle of Fire.
- 1127 - Creation of the Elemental Terrors.
- 1129 - The New Tao is compiled by Isawa Osugi.
- 1132 - Isawa Kaede is revealed as the Oracle of Void.
Military history Edit
- 1126 - The Crab Clan allies with the Shadowlands.
- 1151 - Daigotsu allies with the Tsuno.
- 1158 - The Kitsu Tombs are destroyed in a Tsuno raid.
- 1113 - Battle of Ice and Snow
- 1120 - The Lion Clan fails in its attempt to retake Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.
- 1123 - The Siege of Shiro Usagi
- 1123 - The Scorpion Coup
- 1124 - Battle on the Plains of Gaiju Shindai
- 1130 - 1132 - Siege of Kyuden Hiruma
- 1131 - Siege of Sleeping Mountain
- 1132 - Storms over Matsu Palace
- 1132 - 1133 - Mantis Invasion of Phoenix Clan lands.
- 1133 - Battle of Oblivion's Gate
- 1136 - Battle of Firefly River
- 1138 - 1150 - War of Spirits
- 1158 - 1160 - Second Yasuki War
- 1158 - 1161 - Dragon-Phoenix War
- 1159 - Heaven and Earth
- 1159 - 1161 - Mantis Civil War
- 1169 - 1170 - Third Yasuki War
- 1170 - 1171 - War of Dark Fire
- 1172 - Plague War
Military training Edit
- 1116 - The Sword of Yotsu otokodate is formed.
- 1152 - Kaneka trains with Otoya. He then joins the Hidden Storm which is subsequently destroyed by the Forest Killers.
- 1153 - Kaneka meets Fusami at Kaeru Toshi who beats him in a duel.
- 1153 - Bayushi Hisa becomes the first sensei of Honor's Lesson Dojo.
Births and deaths Edit
- 1112 - Daigotsu
- 1120 - Shosuro Yudoka
- 1123 - Shiba Ningen
- 1128 - Hiruma Todori
- 1132 - Asahina Roukai
- Bayushi Aramoro
- Doji Kuwanan
- Doji Shizue
- Goju Adorai
- Hida Tampako
- Hitomi Iyojin
- Ikoma Tsanuri
- Kakita Ariteko
- Kakita Toshimoko
- Kitsu Okura
- Matsu Agetoki
- Matsu Morishigi
- Moshi Wakiza
- Naka Kuro
- Okura no Oni
- Otaku Kamoko
- Shosuro Taushui
- Toturi I
- Yoritomo Furikae
The following is a timeline of the events of the twelfth century.
|1101||Isawa Ujina marries Isawa Ieku. Birth of Bayushi Omoto and twins Seou and Seiki.|
|1102||Birth of Akodo Arasou. Yasuki Taka becomes Yasuki Daimyo.|
|1103||Hantei XXXVIII becomes Emperor of Rokugan. Birth of Bayushi Togai, Genzo, Mirumoto Miyoki, and Tatsune.|
|1104||Akodo Kage marries Hantei Arumihime.|
|1105||Birth of Ikoma Tsanuri.|
|1106||Death of Isawa Nesan. Isawa Tsuke becomes Master of Fire. Matsu Kaagi becomes Kitsuki Kaagi. Birth of Kyoden, Moshi Wakiza, Nandemonai, and Shosuro Meiyoko.|
|1107||Kyuden Ashinagabachi is taken by a Lion Clan force by order of Matsu Kajitoko. Birth of Hantei Sotorii.|
|1108||Births of Kakita Ichiro and Kitsune Ryosei.|
|1109||Founding of Wasp Clan. Death of Hantei Arumihime. Birth of Bayushi Dairu.|
|1110||Yoshitsune and most of his family assassinated. Yoshitsune replaced by an impostor.|
|1111||Hantei Hochiahime and Hantei Sotorii kidnapped by bloodspeakers. Sotorii rescued by the Ronin Yotsu. Yotsu family founded.|
|1112||Daigotsu, Goju Kyoden and Omoni banished to Jigoku via a bloodspeaker ritual. Birth of Daigotsu. Death of Hantei Hochiahime.|
|1113||Raniyah, a Rakshasa, murders and impersonates Togashi Kenjin.|
|1114||Phoenix Clan Champion Shiba Burisagi killed in a duel with Doji Hoturi. Shiba Ujimitsu becomes the new Champion.|
|1115||Death of Shosuro Akitada.|
|1116||The Sword of Yotsu otokodate formed.|
|1117||Yoritomo becomes the Mantis Clan Champion after the death of "Yoshitsune".|
|1118||Tensions between the Lion and Crane escalate.|
|1119||Isawa Tadaka bests the Elemental Master of Earth Isawa Rujo in a duel, and takes his place.|
|1120||The Crane Clan take Toshi Ranbo from the Lion Clan. Lion Clan Champion and Akodo Arasou killed in attempt at retaking the city. Akodo Toturi becomes champion.|
|1121||Three Man Alliance formed.|
|1122||Opium War between the cartels rages in Ryoko Owari Toshi. Lion and Crane armies continue their War.|
|1123||Hare Clan destroyed. Emperor Hantei XXXVIII is assassinated by Scorpion Clan Champion Bayushi Shoju. The Scorpion Coup is stopped by the other clans. Hantei XXXIX becomes Emperor. Akodo family disbanded. Scorpion Clan disbanded.|
|1124||Isawa Kaede becomes the Master of Void. Kitsune Gohei reads a Black Scroll. Kitsune Ryosei becomes the Fox Clan Champion.|
|1125||The Hare Clan is restored by Usagi Ozaki. The Falcon Clan is absorbed by the Crab Clan.|
|1126||The Clan War erupts across the Empire. The Elemental Masters study the Black Scrolls in their possession.|
|1127||The Crab Clan launches attacks against Beiden Pass and the Crane Clan. The Crab storm Otosan Uchi, but Hida Kisada is mortally wounded by Fu Leng possessing the Emperor.|
|1128||Second Day of Thunder. Fu Leng is made mortal and defeated by the Seven Thunders. Mantis Clan made a Great Clan.|
|1129||Toturi crowned Emperor. Monkey Clan founded. Togashi family exiled by Hitomi. Scorpion Clan reinstated.|
|1130||Naka Kuro swears fealty to the Phoenix Clan to help them rebuild. Toturi I kidnapped by unknown forces. Scorpion Clan exiled to the Burning Sands on the suspicion of their involvement. Emerald Champion Kakita Toshimoko fakes his death and becomes a ronin.|
|1131||Naga assault the Dragon Clan. The Crab Clan desperately hold on to Kyuden Hiruma.|
|1132||The Jade Champion Kitsu Okura summons [[[oni]] to fight for the Lion. Hitomi duels and kills the Moon Onnotangu, usurping his position. Amaterasu flees, plunging the Empire into Darkness. Yakamo finds Amaterasu and witnesses her Jigai, ascending to become Lord Sun. Emperor Toturi I rescued.|
|1133||Toturi marries the Oracle of the Void Isawa Kaede, then commits seppuku. The Lying Darkness attempts to destroy the world but is defeated by the combined forces of the Empire at the Battle of Oblivion's Gate. Deceased heroes return to aid the struggle.|
|1134||Toturi I retakes the throne after having returned through Oblivion's Gate. The Empire rebuilds and Returned Spirits settle in the Empire. The Naga prepare to enter the Great Sleep.|
|1135||The Naga attempt to gift a golden pearl to Toturi I, but are accidentally rebuffed. The Unicorn Clan accept the offer.|
|1136||The resurgent Akodo family rebuffs a Unicorn Clan offensive at the Battle of Firefly River.|
|1137||Yoritomo's Alliance fractures.|
|1138||A returned Yasuki attempts to have the family rejoin the Crane Clan. The War of Spirits begins.|
|1139||Birth of Toturi Naseru.|
|1140||A plot to murder Toturi Kaede and kidnap Toturi Naseru by the returned spirit Hantei XVI is foiled.|
|1141||Togashi Hoshi teaches his son in the mountains of the Dragon Clan.|
|1142||The Temple of Blood is found and destroyed by Emerald Magistrates.|
|1143||Birth of Hiruma Tsukiko.|
|1144||Doji Kurohito becomes Crane Clan Champion after the stewardship of Kakita Kaiten.|
|1145||Morito's claim to the land he occupies is validated by Emperor Toturi I.|
|1146||Birth of Doji Midoru.|
|1147||Isawa Nakamuro studies with Isawa Noriko.|
|1148||Kaneka proposes marriage to Sachina, but is rebuffed.|
|1149||Asako Sagoten creates the Children of the Last Wish to protect Isawa's Last Wish from Hantei XVI.|
|1150||Agasha Tamori and Hida Tsuneo kidnap the children of the Phoenix Clan. Beiden Pass is collapsed on top of Hantei XVI's army, forcing the former Emperor to negotiate a peace with Toturi I. The War of Spirits ends. Toturi Naseru fostered to Hantei XVI.|
|1151||The remnants of the Agasha remaining with the Dragon Clan are renamed the Tamori family.|
|1152||The returned spirit Gusai meets with Moshi Kakau in Yasuki Yashiki.|
|1153||Puja I becomes the new caliph of Medinaat al-Salaam.|
|1154||Kaneka is told the truth about his heritage, he is the bastard son of Toturi I.|
|1155||Hantei XVI is killed during a brutal beating of Hantei Naseru. Kaneka publicly revealed as a son of Toturi, although not acknowledged. Assassination attempts are plotted and fail.|
|1156||The Dark Oracle of Water Matsu Turi allies with the Tsuno against the Lion Clan.|
|1157||Isawa Hochiu uses the Dark Covenant of Fire to make the Dark Oracle of Fire Tamori start a war between the Dragon and Phoenix.|
|1158||The Ox Clan is founded. Emperor Toturi I is assasinated by the Onisu Fushin when he was travelling to Ryoko Owari to meet with Kaneka. Empress Toturi Kaede disappears shortly after the funeral, leaving the Empire without a ruler or direct heir.|
|1159||The Four Winds vie for power in the Empire. Kokujin challenges the Dragon Clan. Daigotsu launches an audacious attack on Otosan Uchi, which has to be burned to the ground afterwards. Bayushi Yojiro steps down as Scorpion Clan Champion in secret, to combat the Shadowed Tower conspiracy.|
|1160||The Four Winds march on Daigotsu, killing him but loosing Toturi Tsudao. Toturi Naseru is crowned Emperor. Kaneka and Toturi Sezaru join the Phoenix to abandon their claims to the throne. The Shadowed Tower conspiracy is destroyed.|
|1161||End of the Dragon-Phoenix War.|
|1162||Birth of Shinjo Min-Hee|
|1163||Yoritomo Hotako passes her Gempukku.|
|1164||The Shadow Dragon convinces Daidoji Rekai to become corrupted, to save her son. Daidoji Kikaze becomes Daidoji Daimyo.|
|1165||Iuchiban escapes his tomb, and usurps power in the City of the Lost. He sacrifices the last of the Ki-Rin and starts the Rain of Blood.|
|1166||The Legion of the Dead battles the Legion of Blood in the Realm of Thwarted Destiny. Hida Kisada is sent through Oblivion's Gate to aid the Empire in defeateing Iuchiban.|
|1167||The Gozoku are destroyed. The War of Fire and Thunder reaches it's climax. The Emperor Toturi III wanders the empire in disguise, seeking enlightenment. The Unicorn and Lion clash over the City of the Rich Frog.|
|1168||The Empire rushed to the rescue of the Emperor at the Tomb of the Seven Thunders in the Shadowlands. The Emperor is killed, but many valuable artifacts are recovered from the Tomb. The Khan Moto Chagatai leads a brutal winter war against the Lion Clan.|
|1169||Moto Chagatai's ambition leads to a direct assault on the capital Toshi Ranbo. He is defeated, but the last of the Toturi family line are killed. The Empire is leaderless. Almost the entire Nezumi race are killed in the Battle of Tomorrow.|
|1170||A wave of assassins strike at the empire. The Kolat Hidden Temple is destroyed by the Scorpion Clan. The Celestial Tournament is held, proclaiming Iweko I the new Empress.|
|1171||An Army of Fire attacks the Empire from the north, spurred forward by the Dark Oracle of Fire. The Sparrow Clan are secretely taken over by the Spider Clan.|
|1172||The Destroyer War begins, as a large gaijin force led by Kali-Ma break through Crab lands. The Dark Oracle of Fire continues his attacks in the north.|
|1173||The Destroyer War moves deep into Scorpion lands. Fu Leng regains his divinity and battles Kali-Ma but is killed. Daigotsu sacrifices himself to defeat Kali-Ma, earning the Spider Clan Great Clan status. Iweko orders the conquering of the ruined Ivory Kingdoms.|
|1174||Michio is attacked daily while at the temple of Order of the Spider.|
|1175||The Scorpion Clan begin construction of a new wall surrounding the place where Kali-Ma died, the Second Festering Pit.|
|1176||Hida Demopen and Bayushi Naruhi are married.|
|1180||Winter Court is held as Shiro Moto.|
|1189||Haruno no Oni breaches the Scorpion Wall.|
|1192||More writings of Fudo are found in Dragon lands.|
|1193||The War of the Twins takes place between the Scorpion and Phoenix.|
|1196||Winter Court is held at Kyuden Isawa.|
|1197||Doji Kurohito is elevated to the status of Fortune of Perfection.|
|1198||People in the Empire with connections to Naga disappear. The Governor of the Second City is assassinated by Dark Naga.|
|1199||P'an Ku's madness provokes a large riot in the Second City.|